It’s been an emotional few days, preparing for Daniel’s time in the hospital and now adjusting to what the next 6 weeks are going to look like. One good thing is that I don’t have to gown up to visit Daniel and can curl up next to him too! The chemo isn’t supposed to hit him until 5-7 days after, so the transplant and chemo will hit him at the same time. All this is an adjustment for me too as I’m trying to figure out how much I can handle and what I need to do in order to keep myself sane and healthy over the upcoming weeks and months so I can best support Daniel.
But today, I want to focus on something exciting that Daniel and I are both looking forward to: Our Wedding!! We’ve gotten a lot planned over the last few weeks and we’re starting to get really excited now that it’s a little less than a year away! So here are some details we’re super excited about!
- My dress! I bought my dress while I was still in Ontario with my Mom and Grandma. I love it and cannot wait to wear it again! Sadly, no pictures or too much description in case Daniel stumbles upon this site, but it’s gorgeous and really works with our venues.
- Our Venues! Assiniboine Park has been a huge part of our relationship as well as my favourite place in the city, so it only makes sense to have it at the centre of our wedding. That means we’re having our morning ceremony under the arbour in the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden and a brunch reception at Terrace 55! (Daniel always laughs at me when I tell people we’re having a morning wedding, haha)
- Time and Date! As I just mentioned, we’re having a morning wedding, a Sunday morning wedding to be specific, and it has been the best decision we’ve made so far! Neither of us are big dancers and alcohol is something we want to downplay as well. We’ve saved $13,000 alone on Terrace 55 by having a brunch reception instead of dinner and got our fabulous photographer for half price as well based solely on the fact we’re having a morning wedding!
- Our Photographer! We’ve gone with Melissa Johnstone of Sugar and Soul Photography and are so excited about it! She brings an energy to her work that will help both Daniel and I to open up in front of the camera and is just as quirky as we are!
- Rings! Daniel bought me a gorgeous engagement ring, but that’s not what I’m talking about. He’s been almost as excited about finding a ring for him as I was about getting an engagement ring! Because of that, I planned on getting him his ring for Christmas. However, when we went into Vandenberg’s to design a custom band to fit my engagement ring, we found the perfect ring for Daniel too! I went back the day after and got a sunflower (which I drew!) engraved on it in order to surprise him with it before he went into the hospital. He loves it and will wear it on his right hand until we’re married next August! So if you see us, ask to see Daniel’s ring, he’ll be happy to show it off!
Thanks for sharing in our excitement! All this planning has also helped give us something to look forward to as we spend our days in the hospital.